Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One day on the Plose Mountain


How to spend time in South Tyrol and to not stumble on cows? They're so sweet animals. Here two veals and their mum. Under, my preferred cake of South Tyrol, the Torta di Grano Saraceno (Tyrolian Buckwheat Cake) that you can taste preparing this recipe I found in Red Rooster. The one in the photo was served at  the mountain lodge Plosehütte (2447 meters height above sea level) with a big mug of redcurrant juice, delicious!

Plose Mountain, directly on the outskirts of Brixen, offers one of the most beautiful view of the Dolomites and a lot of trails and tracks to walk. Cable cars carry you on the summit of Plose. I arrived there very soon in the morning, it was so fairy. Look at the playground (under), it remembers me the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland and I hardly kept myself from going there and playing. I know I'm not more a child but next time I will go there even sooner;-)

ps: yes, the name of the mountain is the same of the famous mineral water - the Plose mineral water - because, obviously, the water springs are here. I wanted to say it anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...