Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pastiglie Leone - Absinthium


The Pastiglie Leone is  one of the oldest manufacturers in Italy, specializing in pastilles and candies from 1857, when Luigi Leone founded a small artisanal factory in the northern Italian town of Alba. After becoming famous for their quality (the Pastiglie Leone were the favorite of the Count Cavour), the production moved to Turin.
The Pastiglie Leone are still made using pure plant extracts, essential oils and natural coloring to produce an intensely flavored candy with a chalky texture. Coming in more than thirty flavors, such as anise, arquebuse, fernet, violet, they are packed  in small cardboard boxes wrapped in pastel colored paper that matches the color of the flavour and is printed with art deco graphics. I'm talking about the pocket sizes but there are also beautiful colored tins.
It's a lot of time that I was thinking of writing a post about the Pastiglie Leone - as one of my preferred Italian products - and when I saw the absinthe flavour packaging I thought the time was arrived!
The absinthe - assenzio in Italian - called also Green Fairy, reminds me the Poètes maudits and Paris and intrigued me immediately. It also inspired me this styling. I hope you like it!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...